COPPA -- an abbreviation for Childrens' Online Privacy Protection Act -- is a federal law effective in the United States.
What is COPPA?Edit
While children under 13 can legally give out personal information with their parents' permission, many websites – particularly social media sites — disallow underage children from using their services altogether due to the cost and work involved in the complying with the law.
How does this affect WolfQuest?Edit
The WolfQuest Team are legally required utilize COPPA registration. This system separates members' accounts into one of two possible groups.
- Registered Users (Members aged 13 or older.)
- Registered COPPA Users (Members aged 12 or younger.)
Accounts created under the COPPA group impose certain limitations both in-game and on the community forums in accordance with COPPA law.
COPPA status can be removed from an account if consent is gained from a player's parent or legal guardian.
2.5 and community forum accountsEdit
A parent or legal guardian is required to fill out and send in a permission form for their child. Please review the following topics for further information.
- What does it mean to be a registered COPPA user?
- Do I need to send a COPPA form if I don't live in the U.S.?
- Do I need to fill out a COPPA form if I'm older than 12?
- Can I send my COPPA form through e-mail?
- How do I know when my COPPA form has been received?
2.7 game accountsEdit
A parent or legal guardian is required to fill in an AgeCheq permission form for their child. Please review the following topics for further information.
- Troubleshooting problems installing or running WQ 2.7
- What is COPPA and how does it affect my account?
- [2.7] Parental Consent for Children Under 13
|Staff||Employees||Eduweb • Minnesota Zoo|
WolfQuest Team Members • Administrators
|Non-staff||Memberships||Registered Users (COPPA) • Anniversary • Senior Members • Image Tags|
|Non-memberships||Former Moderators • Ban Parrot • Report Team • Beta Testers • User of the Month|
| Game Accounts|
2.7 and newer
|Staff roles||Admin (Eduweb)|
|User roles||Members • COPPA Members|