- In Amethyst Mountain, go into a wolf territory.
- Find a stranger wolf (NOT a Dispersal, a stranger) and fight it.
- When the wolf gives in, tell it to leave.
- When the wolf replies, "I can take a hint" or, "I'll be going now" or another one of those catch phrases, immediately press the ESC button on your keyboard and click "Pack Stats"
- Your Experience Points should start rapidly going up. (WARNING: If your computer is more than 3 years old, do NOT let your points exceed a million. This may crash the game.)
Tip: If this cheat does not work right away, quickly return to the game, and hit ESC again before the stranger wolf runs off.
Note: This exploit works both before and after finding and establishing a bond with a mate.
- This is an unintentional flaw with the game that gained popularity as early as 2009, if not earlier.
- This exploit is often used to easily obtain the pure white pup and unlock the secret territory in Slough Creek.
- Originally cited from the journal of theashywolf on DeviantART. This link is now dead as a result of the account having been deactivated. No record of it exists on the wayback machine.
- Fortunately, a record of it does still exist via the WolfQuest community forum. One of the first few known posts about it can be found on the topic wolfquest.org • Re: Have you started on your experience points for Sc?