|This article contains placeholders
Please upload new or add existing images to this page and remove placeholder images.
- Not to be confused with Animation.
Emotes are a new feature available as of version 2.7.1 and above that permit players to realistically and non-verbally communicate with each other solely through the use of their avatar's body language. This interface is available in both single player and multiplayer; interactive animations that were available prior to the introduction of the emotes patch will still be usable via their respective key binds.
The interface -- accessible by pressing the E key -- grants players their choice from a selection of eight different emotes. Some are accompanied by sound, while others are devoid of any audio. While holding down the E key, the number keys can also be used to play emotes by pressing keys 1-8. The emotes panel does not need to be on-screen.
The following emotes are available on the emotes panel.
Not all emotes are accessed via the emotes panel; the following emotes can be played via key input.
|Emote sample||Audio sample||Description||Summary|
|pending||Growl; G key||Dominant or aggressive|
|None||pending||Whine; Y key||Submissive|
- Some emotes originate from the high-poly model used in the social encounter arena, while some are new or separated to their own animations based on the existing high-poly animations.
- Play bow and Wag tail are not new; they will retain their original key binds (J and K, respectively) and be available from the emotes panel.
- Growl was initially a sound with no animation. As of patch 2.7.1, this is no longer the case.
- Whine, however, will remain as-is.
- With the exception of howl, play bow and wag tail, all other emotes were not available until the initial 2.7.1 patch.
- ↑ http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2442991#p2442991 Dave confirms that "by popular demand", the emotes panel will not be MP exclusive, as was previously implied.
- ↑ wolfquest.org • Coming soon: Emotes!
- ↑ Whine has no animation. This is intentional; in doing so, players can combine the audio with any other animation. Evidence: http://i.imgur.com/vjA5Cmf.png
- ↑ http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2443002#p2443002 Dave explains the absence of any animation for the whine emote.
|Editions||Mac • Windows • IOS • Android • Kindle • Storefronts|
|Configuration||Graphics quality • Launcher • Shaders|
|Features||Accounts • Achievements • Customization (Player) • Experience points • Friends • Human Impacts • Multiplayer • Pack • Resting & Sleeping|
|Game mechanics||AI • Auto-save • Death • Difficulty • Pack Affinity • Scent vision • Spawners • Weather|
|Interactive||Animations • Carcass • Dens • Emotes • NPCs • Hunting • Map • Pack Rally • Social arena • Time|
|Interfaces||User Interfaces • Heads-up Display • Pack Stats • Tutorial|
|Game Files||Audio • Textures • Music • In-App Purchases • Downloadable content|
|Miscellaneous||Bugs and Glitches • Cheats • Development Builds • Skybox|