Juveniles are young animals which have not yet reached their mature or adult stage in growth. In WolfQuest, they might be easier targets than their fully grown counterparts, though their parents may be more than willing to defend their offspring.
- Main article: Elk calf
There are no elk calves in this version of the game. However, they will be coming to WolfQuest as part of the Anniversary Edition.
- Main article: Cattle calf (2.7)
- Main article: Moose calf
There are no moose calves in this version of the game. However, they will be coming to WolfQuest as part of the Anniversary Edition.
- Main article: Wolf pup (2.7)
Due to the inability to trespass deep into the heart of rival wolf pack territories, the dens and pups of rival packs are not seen, nor do they exist in-game.
- Although it is not possible to have pups outside of the Raise Pups mode of multiplayer or define an avatar's life stage (with common examples being pup, yearling, sub-adult and elder) it is not uncommon to find players roleplaying this life stage despite their avatar's obvious adult age and size.
- The cattle ranch is also completely inaccessible in multiplayer, rendering the cattle calf a single player-only entity.
- Cattle calves, along with wolf pups, were the first juvenile animals introduced in WolfQuest in 2010.