A skybox is a method used by game developers to make a game world seem bigger and more immersive. These contain horizons and the surrounding environment of a game's level.
WolfQuest features real-world photography from or around the areas surrounding each episode's titular location in Yellowstone National Park. Lost River uses skyboxes created from a 3D-constructed environment with real sky photography from an unspecified location and unknown source.
- Main article: Time
- WolfQuest's skybox is a six-sided cube rendered outside of/surrounding the game world.
- The source of a skybox can be any form of texture, including photographs, hand-drawn images, or pre-rendered 3D geometry. Usually, these textures are created and aligned in 6 directions, with viewing angles of 90 degrees (which covers up the 6 faces of the cube). --Wikipedia
- A skybox does not generate nor is it responsible for a level's lighting.
- In 2.7 and above, the skybox for spring Slough Creek is shown in the background of the create a new and load existing wolf menu behind the rotating preview of the avatar.
- From 2.0.0 up until 2.5.1, when the player toggles between Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek, a preview of the selected map's skybox is shown in the background.
- At times, if your wolf and camera is at the right angle, you can see the lines at the connecting edges of the skybox.
|This article is a stub. Please help the WolfQuest Wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
|Game World||Vegetation • Insects • Birds • Weather • Time|
|Editions||Mac • Windows • IOS • Android • Kindle • Storefronts|
|Configuration||Graphics quality • Launcher • Shaders|
|Features||Accounts • Achievements • Customization (Player) • Experience points • Friends • Human Impacts • Multiplayer • Pack • Resting & Sleeping|
|Game mechanics||AI • Auto-save • Death • Difficulty • Pack Affinity • Scent vision • Spawners • Weather|
|Interactive||Animations • Carcass • Dens • Emotes • NPCs • Hunting • Map • Pack Rally • Social arena • Time|
|Interfaces||User Interfaces • Heads-up Display • Pack Stats • Tutorial|
|Game Files||Audio • Textures • Music • In-App Purchases • Downloadable content|
|Miscellaneous||Bugs and Glitches • Cheats • Development Builds • Skybox|