- Not to be confused with WolfQuest Wiki:Staff.
Moderators are voluntary members of the community who are given an elevated level of authority and status. It is their responsibility to keep the community forums organised and to help ensure that they continue to operate smoothly. As volunteers, moderators act as representatives of the WolfQuest Team, though they are not direct employees of Eduweb nor Minnesota Zoo and may speak their own minds. They offer their time freely and are not paid for their services.
They are more easily identified by their green usernames and/or their optional WolfQuest Moderator rank with its green pawprint badge. All moderators have access to dedicated forums suitable to their job. They may also receive early information about the project including but not limited to newer revisions to the game.
All members in this usergroup have the following abilities:
- Moving Topics and individual posts
- Splitting and Merging topics and individual posts
- Creating Sticky (Pinned) Topics, which never leave the first page of a forum unless revoked.
- Deleting Posts made by users other than themselves.
- Editing Posts made by users other than themselves.
- Unofficial Warnings
- Private Forum Access, such as the group-specific Moderator forum.
Current & Former Moderators
As with everything, not everyone can stand against the test of time. WolfQuest's members and staff are certainly no exception, with most of them bidding the project farewell and parting to pursue other things in their lives outside of the internet.
Active moderators within the community's WolfQuest team.
|Neamara||December 6th 2011||N/A|
|Koa||Mar 5th 2010||Jan 10th 2015|
|Anduril||Jul 19th 2010||Jul 14th 2015|
|wolf567||Nov 27th 2007||Jan 17th 2016|
|Isela||July 7th 2017||N/A|
|Frodo1||July 7th 2017||N/A|
Former moderators who have either been demodded due to inactivity or resigned for reasons of their own (complete with resignation or demodded dates where applicable). Sorted by instatement/resignation or demotion, reinstatement/resignation or demotion, and so on.
|Username||Instatement » Reinstatement||Resignation » Demotion|
|breanna||Jan 31st 2008||Apr 17th 2009|
|Kateri||Jun 27th 2008||n/a|
|Miharu||Nov 27th 2007||Jan 11th 2008|
|Leapingwolf||Jan 31st 2008||Jan 26th 2009|
|Twilight12343||Jan 31st 2008||Apr 18th 2009|
|wolves_forever||Jun 27th 2008||Nov 2008|
|sora||Jan 31st 2008||Apr 29th 2009|
|Fenris||Jan 31st 2008 » Nov 3rd 2008||May 20th 2008 » May 2009|
|Midnight Snow||Jun 27th 2008||Jul 2009|
|Kyuubi no yoko||Jan 31st 2008||Jul 2009|
|Windance||Jun 27th 2008||Jul 2009|
|Songdog||Jun 27th 2008||Feb 9th 2010|
|Sintact||Mar 5th 2010||Sept 2nd 2010|
|Fawn||Jun 27th 2008||Sept 10th 2010|
|orangeonfire||Jul 14th 2009||Oct 1st 2010|
|DazzleBerry||Jul 14th 2009||Nov 2010|
|pawnee||Nov 27th 2007||Dec 2010|
|Candle Jack||Jan 31st 2008||Dec 2010|
|Moonikinz||Jul 14th 2009||Mar 2011|
|Blindseer||Nov 27th 2007 » Jan 31st 2008||Jan 10th 2008 » Apr 2nd 2011|
|Kodiak||Nov 27th 2007||Mar 26th 2011|
|SolitaryHowl||Jul 14th 2009||Apr 26th 2011|
|Canidae||Mar 5th 2010||Jun 2nd 2011|
|-x- Silvie -x-||May 11th 2011||Sept 2011|
|Zethra||May 11th 2011||Nov 2011|
|Sheeba Wolf||Mar 5th 2010||Apr 17th 2012|
|Larkarl||Sept 21st 2011||May 5th 2012|
|Rikkuzilla||Jun 27th 2008 » Apr 3rd 2012 » Jun 23rd 2013||Apr 13th 2011 » Jun 28th 2012 » Jan 2014|
|Croix||Apr 13th 2012||Jul 2012|
|Kivia||Mar 5th 2010||Sept 16th 2012 » Apr 1st 2013|
|Adalae||May 11th 2011||Sept 22nd 2012|
|Atropine||Sept 21st 2011||Sept 24th 2012|
|Alpha Female||Sept 21st 2011||May 14th 2013|
|Granger||Oct 16th 2012 » Jun 21st 2014||Jun 22nd 2013 » Oct 12th 2015|
|SoranofAvalor||Dec 21st 2012||Apr 2014|
|DaniBeez||Dec 21st 2012||Jun 17th 2015|
|BlackWarrior||Apr 13th 2012||Jul 20th 2015|
|ZeRivet||Apr 13th 2012||May 7th 2016|
|Masika||Jul 19th 2010 » Nov 4th 2015||Mar 2012 » Dec 22nd 2016|
|Quivira||May 11th 2011||Dec 23rd 2016|
|valkea||October 2nd 2012||May 28th 2017|
|Sambhur||October 16th 2012||June 11th 2017|
|DerpBacon||July 7th 2017||November 3rd 2017|
How are moderators chosen?
Candidates for this group are chosen by the WolfQuest Team during an application period, during which time members can apply to join the community team. Those who actively and positively contribute around the forums stand a better chance of being chosen over those who break or ignore the rules and behave poorly.
When the team are interested in opening positions to the public, a new topic is created in the News and Announcements forum, typically by a WolfQuest Team member.
While community forum accounts are tied to 2.5 game accounts, moderators have no power or impact in any multiplayer game. They cannot kick, ban, mute, or otherwise control any aspects of another player's session or any games in the lobby; their role only applies to the forums. In-game, they are players like everyone else.
- There has been a total of 49 volunteer moderators counting the former and current listings to date. This count excludes ban parrot and the WolfQuest Team.
- This is one of few voluntary groups and only one of two staff positions not restricted to WolfQuest Team Members.
- This group has been involved with April Fools' pranks.
- On 1st April 2011, moderators' green names were switched to the yellow associated with the User of the Month. Registered Users had a green name for the day, minus the powers and responsibilities.
- On 1st April 2015, moderators' green names were switched to either one of two colours: the first lot involved in "The Stick Cult" had pink names and stick-related ranks. The non-Stick Cult lot donned the vibrant purple associated with the Ban Parrot's usergroup while the ban parrot went on "a forced" vacation and appeared throughout the day as a regular user. Additionally, the group's name was temporarily changed to "Pirate Crew" and those mods were given ranks of their choice, with the default "WolfQuest Moderator" rank becoming "Wolferator ModQuest" for all who did not want a custom rank.
- All changes were reverted at the end of the day, however the stick cult ran for one week as part of the "national stick week" joke.
- The moderator expectations do state that if a moderator resigns formally, they can request to be reinstated later on if they are interested in returning to the community provided they have shown enough dedication to be reinstated. However, a moderator who either vanishes without a forewarning of planned absence or has been demodded due to a breach of contract (the expectations) might not be given the same opportunity and must reapply when a new round of applications becomes available.
- Moderators have at least one "second chance" at the role if their behavior goes against the forum guidelines and/or moderator expectations. An individual's first demotion will result in two weeks' suspension from the role with the opportunity to be reinstated after this time has elapsed. The second demotion will result in loss of status indefinitely, though they may reapply in a future round of applications should they wish to return.
- There is no guarantee that a former moderator will be reinstated if they reapply or otherwise make a request to return to the role; the team may prefer to give other members a chance at moderating before giving priority to former moderators, though this is not entirely true. For example, a handful of ex-moderators have been reinstated per their request on multiple occasions.
- The circumstances of a moderator's demotion may also play a significant role in whether or not that individual may reapply and/or be reinstated.
- Members can now submit suggestions and feedback concerning moderators' behavior and performance.
- Senior Moderators, despite not having a differently colored name or rank to differentiate, have an extended range of abilities and permissions.
- ↑ Moderator Expectations: "•Positively and accurately represent the WolfQuest Team." --http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65741
- ↑ wolfquest.org • Now Accepting Moderator Applications as shown under 'Moderator Benefits'. While not directly mentioned, this is still in effect despite being absent in newer application announcement posts.
- ↑ A list can be found here- wolfquest.org • Current & Former WolfQuest Moderators. As of 2016, resignations and reinstatements will be relayed via this thread.
- ↑ http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2216177#p2216177 or http://wolfquest.wikia.com/wiki/File:Kivia-resign-wqforum.png (pulled from Kivia's blog. See file description for link; blog appears to have been deactivated hence it no longer works without viewing the cache via Google.)
- ↑ DaniBeez (previously Overcast, Steeps, Tonbei, Nordue and Ever-green) was the last moderator instated by Cana. Source: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2182120#p2182120. Nordue, her third account, requested that the account be deleted on the 22th Sept 2015.
- ↑ The Wolferator Modquest tweak was suggested by Granger. See: http://web.archive.org/web/20150403224245/http://wolfquest.org/bb/index.php?mobile=desktop and http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/wolfquest/images/c/cf/Wqcommunityforum.png/revision/20150516035729.
- ↑ wolfquest.org • Re: New Moderators
|Staff||Employees||Eduweb • Minnesota Zoo|
WolfQuest Team Members (Former) • Administrators (Former)
|Non-staff||Memberships||Registered Users (COPPA) • Anniversary • Senior Members • Image Tags|
|Non-memberships||Ban Parrot • Former Moderators • Beta Testers • User of the Month|
|Retired||Newbie-Teacher Program • Report Team|
| Game Accounts|
2.7.X → 3.X.X
|Staff roles||WQ Admin (Eduweb)|
|User roles||Members • COPPA Members|