This article contains information that is obsolete and may no longer be valid.
WolfQuest has been available on the Windows operating system since its demo release. The game utilises the Unity 3D engine and was developed by Eduweb and Minnesota Zoo. Players take control of a two-year-old dispersal grey wolf in Yellowstone National Park with the goal of finding a mate, claiming a den to call home, giving birth to pups and establishing a pack of their own while encountering other wolves, engaging (or avoiding) predators, scavenging or hunting prey and trying to survive. The game is intended to be realistic with its portrayal of wolf ecology.
It is free to download from the WolfQuest website -- the installer is a 214MB .MSI file. The current version is 2.5.1 and includes Amethyst Mountain, Survival of the Pack, single player and multiplayer.
WolfQuest 2.7 was announced on April 25th by loboLoco. Unlike previous versions, 2.7 will be free to download and play, however only the full single player Amethyst Mountain episode will be available. A full version will be available for a price of $10, which includes everything: episode 2, multiplayer, the Lost River map, and all available customizations.
The game has several features.
- Hunting - Elk, cattleSC and hare are the only prey animals on the menu.
- AI - All NPCs are controlled by the computer.
- Social arena - Who's the boss?
- Scent vision - See the world from a wolf's nose.
- Time - Control the time of day.
- Weather - Rainstorms, thunder and snow.
- Rest - Stamina regenerates much faster with a good breather.
- Experience Points - Boasting rights and rewards.
- Map - Know the location, plan the destination.
- Tutorial - A toggleable tutorial teaches players more about the game as they play.
- Achievements2.7 - Play the game and be rewarded!
- User Account System improvements2.7 - A much improved, better-integrated user accounts system.
2.7 and newerEdit
|“|| Windows Vista or higher (DirectX 9.0c or higher must be installed)|
Minimum Graphics Card (for Fast Quality)
Recommended Graphics Card (for Good Quality or Higher)
An Internet connection is not required to play in single player mode after the game launcher has downloaded and installed the game.
2.5 and olderEdit
|“|| Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher (DirectX 9.0c or higher must be installed).|
Minimum to run Fastest Graphics Quality Setting
Minimum Graphics Cards
Recommended graphics cards to run on Good or above quality setting and/or higher resolution (1024x768 recommended)
—WQ Coordinator, WolfQuest FAQ